When you create a Workspace under "Workspaces" in Arene, you have the option to add or delete files to the Workspace, which you could share with other members on the Arene platform.
The following tutorial assumes that you have already created a Workspace which must have one or more files added to it. It will, therefore, outline the necessary steps to complete in order to generate a Capsule from a Workspace.
- After navigating to the "Workspace" homepage from the "Home" screen you will see a grid containing all the Workspaces that you have created or have been invited to. Click on the "Generate" icon of the Workspace for which you would like to generate a capsule. This will be located under the "Capsule" tab.
NOTE: If no icon appears, you do not have permission to create Capsules for that Workspace.
- You will be redirected to the "Generate Capsule" screen for the Workspace selected, where you will be prompted to provide a name for the new Capsule, and a description for it. At this point you have the option to store the Capsule in the Arene cloud-storage Vault, by selecting the "Store in Arene Vault" checkbox. The files which will be stored in the Capsule will also appear in the panel to the right, where it will also indicate that the Capsule has not yet been created. Click on the green "Generate" button to start the process.
- Clicking generate will ask you for a final confirmation before the capsule is generated.
NOTE: This capsule will be counted toward your Arene Capsule Usages which is found under your Subscriptions.
- Depending on the size of the files in the Workspace, Capsule generation can take up to a minute to complete, so please be patient.
- Once the Capsule has been successfully created, you have the following options, listed under "Where to next?":
* Download - allows you to download the Capsule file and store it in your own storage.* Store with Arene - If you did not choose to store the Capsule in the Arene Vault above, you have another chance to securely save the Capsule in the Arene cloud-based Vault. NOTE: If you do NOT store the capsule in the Arene Vault, you will only have 24 hours in which to either download the Capsule for your own safe keeping, or to move the Capsule into the Arene Cloud Vault.
Refer to: How to store my Arene Capsule
* Interact - This allows you to view and download the individual files contained in the capsule.